Opening hours & admission fees
From the 1st of June 2020 Fort Kijkduin will open its doors again.
And the terrace by the sea !!
A visit to Fort Kijkduin during the Coronacrisis is possible with the following house rules:
- Tickets can be purchased via our website and at the reception
- Upon entering there is the possibility to disinfect your hands with disinfectant.
- Fort Kijkduin has set up one-way traffic through the museum and aquarium. Follow the arrows!
- For the time being there are no public feeding rounds and tours of the fort. Private tours can be booked with your own family.
- The museum canteen ‘Terrace by the Sea’ is currently only accessible to museum visitors.
- In addition, the guidelines of the RIVM apply: Keep 1.5 meters away from each other, stay at home with cold and flu complaints. Finally, follow the directions of the staff.
Hope to see you soon!
The museum and the North Sea aquarium are daily opened.
First Christmas day and the 31st of December are we closed
The first of January are we opened from 12:00 – 05:00
|From 11:00 am to 05:00 pm||From 10:00 am to 05:00 pm|
Entrance to the Museum and the North Sea Aquarium include a guided tour (see guided tours at the bottom of the page)
|Children 4/12 years||€ 7,-|
|Children 0/3 years||free|
|Seniors 65+||€ 7,-|
|Children 6/12 years||€ 10,-|
|Seniors 65+||€ 10,-|
|Group entrance (min. 25 persons)||On request. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org|
A visit tour fortress Kijkduin is more fun and exciting with a tour of one of our guides! Learn all about the fortress and its history. Who used to live here? What was the purpose of the fortress? What was the reason to build the fortress?
Our guides tells you everything you want to know! The tours are offered at scheduled times and you can just join a tour! The tour is included with the ticketentrance. Do you want a private tour? We are offering this against a small price.
|Tour with private guide||€ 20,-|
Times of the tours:
During the weekends at 11:00 am, 01:00 pm and 03:00 pm
On weekdays and excluding school holidays at 01:00 pm
Guided tours are free and available in Dutch, German and on request in English. Tours may differ from the times due to the availability of the (voluntary) guides.
Fortress Kijkduin Huisduinen is near Den Helder. You can easily reach the museum by bike through the dunes. Also, there are (free) parking spaces at the fortress. The fort is wheelchair accessible.
Pets are not allowed in the museum and North Sea aquarium.